Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Discount Groceries

When I was young, my dad owned a small corner grocery store. I grew up eating food from dented cans, damaged boxes or dated slightly past prime. When I was in college, my roommates wouldn't let me go grocery shopping alone, because I would automatically search for the "slightly imperfect" items, that was just how I grew up.
I was thrilled when I found Esh's Discount Grocery, 4221 W. Eisenhower Blvd., located behind the Rainbow Plaza on Hwy 34. They get items that the supermarkets don't sell because they are not perfect or are overstocked and sell them for a discounted price. I buy a lot of cereal, canned goods, baking supplies, candy, etc. My husband's favorite recent purchase was Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds. He usually pays over $3.00 for a 6 oz. can. I found 1 pound bags for $1.29. What a bargain! I bought all they had and have them in my freezer.
Dacono Discount Grocery is located at 913 Carbondale Dr. in Dacono, Colorado, located about 28 miles South on I25 and East on Hwy. 52. It is owned by the same people as Esh's and is a much larger store. I try to make a trip there about once a month to check out what they have in stock.
Both stores are closed on Thursdays for restocking and on Sundays. I like to go on Fridays to check out all the new items. I save a lot of money shopping there!

No comments:

Post a Comment