Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thrift Stores - ReStore

My favorite place to shop and donate items is Habitat for Humanity in Loveland, Colorado now known as ReStore. It is located on H287 just north of 50th Street in Northeast Loveland. http://www.lovelandhabitatforhumanity.org/
Like most thrift stores the trick is to drop in a couple of times a week and scan what is new. This store sells clothing cheap, usually $1 an item, in order to turn over a high volume quickly. I have found name brand and designer labels that I would never have been able to buy new. I'm not embarrassed to say that in the last 3 years I have purchased most of my clothes there. I have also bought: rugs, throw pillows, bedding, picture frames, yogurt maker, dishes, baskets, tablecloths, office chair, bed frame, and coats. Mike loves the Hawaiian shirts I got him there! The only downside to buying clothing there is that there is no place to try on. I have gotten pretty good at holding things up to see if they fit. Anyway it only costs me $1 to take it home and find out. Worst case I can donate it back the next time I go, which is not a bad thing at all. The upside is that everything is already preshrunk! I like the idea that my shopping and donations help people get into their own home. Everybody should have that chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment