During February the city of Loveland is converting over to an All-in-one recycling cart. I have been on the pilot program for the past 6 months and really find it so convenient to mix all of the following in one large, covered bin.
- Aluminum and steel cans…rinse
- Metal paint and aerosol cans…ensure they are empty
- Plastic containers #1-7…remove caps/lids and rinse; no bags, food trays or Styrofoam
- Magazines and catalogs
- Office paper and direct mail…no shredded paper
- Paperboard…remove box liners and flatten
- Phone books and softbound books
- Corrugated cardboard…remove packing materials and flatten; cut down large pieces so they fit in cart
Do not put the following in your recycle bin, but you may drop them off at the recycling center:
Shredded paper, hardbound books and paper milk/juice cartons. To find out what other materials are accepted at the recycling center, click here.
Glass Recycling: We are encouraged to take our glass bottles and jars to one of six glass recycling drop-off centers in Loveland, rather than putting them in your blue cart. Click on Glass Recycling to learn more. I find the one at the West Eisenhower Wal-mart parking lot to be very convenient.